Descripción del Trabajo
Inspects products and material in receiving, in-process, final, first article and process validation for visual, mechanical and dimensional characteristics, using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans. Proficient in use of measuring instruments in Quality Assurance. Example: micrometer, dial caliper, height gages, optical comparator, thread gages, radius gages, microscopes, Smartscopes and CMM. Ability to perform and understand complex tests or inspections. Has the ability to distinguish issues arising from daily builds and field reports that should be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer and being able to prioritize multiple tasks.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide higher-level inspection services with minimal instruction.
- Assists in determining root cause of non-conformance complaint review.
- Assisting in the training of co-workers in new or improved techniques.
- Performing special assignments given by the supervisor and engineers.
- Perform “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of product in a Manufacturing cell
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Demonstrates strong initiative
- Exhibits positive attitude
- Cooperative attitude and inspires teamwork
- Leads by example
- Requests feedback and utilizes it to improve
- Drives cultural change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) by ASQ is preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of geometric tolerance and dimension (GT&D).
- Individual working toward an AS/AA degree is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PC applications is preferred.
- Proficient in all inspection areas and equipment.
- Ability to communicate and work with Quality, Manufacturing and Product Development Engineers when required.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc.
- Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to learn PC applications required.
- Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are properly labeled and packaged according to internal quality and FDA specs.
- Vision in both eyes must be at least 20/30 or correctable to 20/30.