Descripción del Trabajo
Supports acquisition and campus opportunities, partnering with Materials Manager, Manufacturing Operation Manager, HR and other core positions. Uncovers the gaps between the strategic needs of a business and their capability to meet them – leveraging new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, IoT and 5G. In the operational design context, focuses on communicating to designers the business needs and priorities as well as business-as-usual operations. Understands business principles and concepts that include how markets influence business, what are the differentiating factors of the business, what and how value is created, and how strategy development may be supported. Achieve expertise in functional processes and system applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruit, interview and hire Operational Development staff.
· Create and manage succession plans for Operational Development function.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an Operational Development strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Operational Development.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Develop succession plans for Managers and keep access open with plans.
· Display expert technical knowledge in field as well as knowledge of function in Jabil e.g. Purchasing, Planning.
· Use and analyze the Due Diligence process to assess the functional capability of campus opportunities, report findings and highlight possible risks.
· Support functional team and conduct gap analysis to identify areas for improvement.
· Recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to recruit and train functional team.
· Work with and support functional team to action plan improvements.
· Provide functional support to campus sites.
· Work with Project Manager to establish a functional start-up plan.
· Work with Operations Manager to recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to fulfill start-up plan.
· Build effective relationships with Functional Managers across the region.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Utilize interpersonal, negotiation, and teamwork skills to lead business leaders through the definition, design, and maturation of business capability architecture for the enterprise
· Describes the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions
· Acts as a subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework development, tool suite selection, and design and methodology development
· Develop and support site SME training
· Perform Benchmarking for all existing and new plants within the Region
· Develop management system to identify gaps and provide bridging support for business solutions
· Participate in supporting new developments, initiatives, and activities, and coordinate/communicate with several areas throughout the region
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; make customer issues a priority
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Knowledge and passion for new technologies such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning), IoT (Internet of Things) and 5G.
Experience of Execution of new technologies supporting Business Requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree Business Management OR equivalent education and training
· Plus 8 to 10 years experience in a relevant Jabil position OR equivalent external work experience
· Including at least 6 years experience in a supervisory or management role within an Operational Development department.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.