Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis of Sales, Material Costs, and Material Margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the lead on financial related projects
- Provide guidance to other staff members regarding related projects
- Review the accuracy of Inventory valuation on the Balance Sheet in a Standard Cost environment.
- Explain the components that represent the difference between Actual and Forecasted Material Margins, reported by program.
- Perform analyses for management on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by purchasing, inventory control, or production planning.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
- Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Meet deadlines even when dealing with frequent interruptions and additional as well as changing priorities.
- Ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform standard cost roll ups for existing and new part numbers in the SAP system
- Analysis and Management of Material Variances including PPV, Bulk Variance and revaluation variances
- Analysis and Management of E&O inventories and Blocked material reserves
- Analysis and follow up of NRE expenses to ensure accurate reporting and tracking
- Participate in Physical Inventories and Cycle Counts as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Maintain controls and discipline compliant with Jabil standards.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Create reports on materials to supply to BUMs and WCMs in order to identify better pricing opportunities.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Controller, Site Controller
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages (Advanced Excel skills a must)
- Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
- Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience