Descripción del Trabajo
Develop and implement supply chain strategies and optimize the overall cost of materials. This role is within the Global Procurement Organization and is responsible for leading the buying activities for a key Procurement as a Service (PaaS) initiative. Responsibilities will include new supplier sourcing, price negotiations, supplier contract development/renewals and order management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop supply base and implement Jabil Supply Chain (SC) strategies for the procurement of Indirect Goods (MRO Materials).
- Ensure materials availability to support customer requirements through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement.
- Initiate RFQ/RFP activity with support from Data Analyst, analyze the results and make recommendations to internal leadership to justify Approved Vendor List (AVL) / sourcing changes.
- Improve sourcing options and maximize cost efficiency by working with Jabil’s internal resources.
- Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity/Category Managers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
- Lead efforts to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
- Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
- Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as Worldwide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong understanding of indirect spend within the MRO Category
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English & Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Logistics Management, Procurement, or related discipline
- 3+ years in Indirect Procurement with demonstrated experience in MRO preferred
- Certification by a related professional organization (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.
- Domestic and international travel is required.