Descripción del Trabajo
Assists the Inventory Control Supervisor in all daily shipping activities for outbound shipment shipped as per scheduled or monitor all inbound shipment and act accordingly to avoid any line down situation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists Logistics Supervisor in daily shipping activities.
· Prepares all shipping documentation.
· Liaises with Freight Forwarder for arrangement of shipment.
· Ensures that shipment shipped as per schedule.
· Monitors all incoming shipment to avoid line down situation.
· Applies exemption for all dutiable items.
· Ensures the freight billing invoices are correctly charged.
· Ensures all the insurance claim on cargo damage or missing are close accordingly.
· In the case of international shipments, interacts with customs, customs brokers, and other agencies regarding the flow of material as well as duties and charges levied.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Business Justification: Inventory control department is requesting the addition to its headcount of a Warehouse Supervisor due to increase in inventory part numbers, facility locations and value for JHB3 operation. Currently there is a warehouse supervisor that controls the operation in plant 3 but is shared since he provides services to plant 2 operation mainly, the addition of a fourth facility and the interaction between the three plant locations In baja calls for a dedicated supervisor at plant 3 since the current one will be transferred to plant 4. As part of material risk management this position is fundamental to focus resources in those areas also as part of fulfillment corporate requirement to apply stricter inventory control for different KPI’s (BTP, IRA, CTI, PPL, RTV, RTC, SCR).