Descripción del Trabajo
Work with Business Development, Sales, customers, and prospects to develop material and process solutions for new applications. Directly engage with customers and prospects to critically analyze assembly process and present custom automation solutions. Assist to define, develop, and evaluate new automation solutions while serving as the primary technical interface during the business development cycle. The role provides input and direction to the BD and customer / prospect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fluent understanding of precision automation, robotics, and custom machine design, engineering, and system solution creation.
- Skilled in interpreting, translating, and communicating customer automation system specification and user requirements to internal and external stake holders
- Working comprehension of automation software development, control systems and application creation.
- Assess customer and prospects current assembly approach and goals, analyze options and provide automation solution for consideration.
- Fluent understanding of automation speed, precision, accuracy needs in order to deliver cost and proposal input
- Gives updates and presentations to Business Development leadership, team, and customers on new products and capabilities.
- Assist in the technical content creation of customer facing proposal documentation
- Interact and present technical solutions to customers and prospects
- Understanding of various markets and product assembly environments including medical, life science, automotive, consumer, semiconductor, aerospace, industrial, and others.
- Lead the automation cost and price estimation process
- Collaborates with Sales and customers on new applications.
- Collects application technical requirements to report back to the BD and R&D group.
- Prepares technical reports for use by engineers for new product development.
- Assists with planning and developing experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible use in additional applications.
- Provides feedback to Business Development and Marketing for new potential applications and markets.
- Collaborate with Business Development and R&D to generate marketing collateral (white papers, technical bulletins, datasheets, etc.).
- Coordinates the scale up and commercialization of new products.
- Act as subject matter expert in the industry.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to deal with highly variable situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex information, correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write technical correspondence and present information in a format that is easy for nontechnical people to understand.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to complex projects.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.