Descripción del Trabajo
Assist Toolmaker and/or CNC Technician operating both manual and CNC equipment to manufacture gauges, work holding fixtures, dies, and tooling used in manufacturing.
Assist technicians to provided technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
Provides support to assigned manufacturing areas to meet the requirements for quality standards, compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Help maintain various dies, work holding fixtures and tooling used in production.
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, and image vision measuring equipment to check accuracy of work performed.
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process.
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills.
- General math skills.
- Previous experience as a machinist preferred.
- CNC programming experience preferred.
- Work extra hours when required by business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and develop consistency in results.
- Work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- Work on feet 100% of time.
- Lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds.