Machine Maintenance Engineer
Requisition Number: 208286
Work Location: Memphis, TN
Jabil is a $17B diversified electronics manufacturing solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a [[title]] to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
The Machine Maintenance Engineer is a creative and proactive contributor, focused on continued improvement. This role will be the immediate responder to any and all incidents of equipment failures and possible chemical containment. Under general supervision the Engineer is responsible for repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities and production equipment containing chemicals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises keeping in mind the chemical hazards that you might be encountering or causing
– Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment with a mind set of limiting/controlling chemical exposures
– Perform simple engineering calculations for equipment
– Update mechanical prints when changes mandate
– Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes
– Perform preventative maintenance and maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for
– Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required
– Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented
– Strict adherence to all environmental, safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
– First responder to equipment failures and deployment of containment actions
– Other duties may be assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Machine Engineering, or closely related field.
A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in component analysis.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.