Quality Engineer III
Requisition Number: 216691
Work Location: Cayey, PR
- Understands and applies the principles of Quality Engineering to products and services.
- Responsible for the development of inspection methods, Quality instructions, and inspection sampling plans to customer and NYPRO’s specifications.
- Works in coordination with the Program Managers, Quality Managers, and Technicians to assure product compliance to customer specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Implements/coordinates implementation of product and process changes managed according to change procedure.
- Provides leadership and technical support to other Quality Engineers
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Reviews of present inspection procedures to achieve improvement through improved methods, automated equipment, and reduced testing.
- Keeps abreast of current Quality Assurance literature and testing methods and informs of opportunities for improvements.
- Implements statistical techniques.
- Collects and analyzes data for plant monitoring programs and issues recommendations for corrective actions, as necessary
- Performs process capability studies for process validations and to determine Quality requirements.
- Applies Quality Engineering principles to understand and analyze equipment operation, troubleshoot problems, and to identify significant variables affecting process performance.
- Uses mathematics and statistics to establish and carry out test program and analyzes the data obtained.
- Assists in the development of design of experiments to prevent quality problems.
- Receives, reviews, and acknowledges NYPRO’s capability to meet new customer prints and specifications.
- Identifies metrology equipment and service suppliers.
- Provides instructions to Quality Technicians and Inspectors.
- Assists different Task Force Teams and meetings that address quality and compliance issues and submits recommendations.
- Participates in qualification/validation activities, reviews documentation generated, and submits recommendations.
- Prepares and modifies procedures as required.
- Assists during external audits.
- Supports curriculum development to all key personnel in Statistics and SPC.
- Participates in Internal Audits.
- Participates in activities related to employee’s motivation and involvement.
- Evaluates and recommends In-Process testing equipment, calibration, frequency and procedure.
- Supports curriculum development to all key personnel in inspection, measuring and testing techniques and procedures.
- Identifies customer’s requirements and develops validation protocol to determine process capability.
- Issues validation reports and deviation requests to customers.
- Proposes specification changes to customers.
- Actualizes NYPRO’s database, SOPs, and other documentation based on new customer requirements.
- Evaluates plant’s inspection procedures to enhance data gathering process and assure data accuracy.
- May act as Corrective/Preventive Action Coordinator when assigned.
– Education & Experience Requirements
- Industrial Engineering degree or related field preferred
- At least 5 years Quality Engineering experience
- Certified or Licensed Engineer by CIAPR
- Certified as Quality Engineer by ASQ
- Lean Six Sigma Training
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.