- Under general supervision, performs visual, mechanical, dimensional, functional or electrical inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies or final product in the production assembly process.
- Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments, precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established specifications.
- Dimensionally inspects product for conformance to specification using standard measuring devices such as micrometers, scales, fixtures, calipers, dial indicators, comparators, oscilloscopes, fixed gauges, multi meters, component testers. various surface plate set-ups, plastometers, and thermogravimetric analyzer.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Maintain files for batch history records (BHR) and/or device history records (DHR) reviewing for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects.
- Determines acceptability, and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures, referring only exception cases to the Quality Group Leader, Quality Technician or Supervisor.
- Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, statistical processes, or other control procedures. Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process, and performs visual inspection for variety of defects such as splay, contamination, gross flash, non-fills, short shots, color variation, voids and grease/oil.
- Maintains required documentation and records.
- Initiates nonconforming material reports (NCMR’s).
- May be asked to handle metrology requests such as process capability studies, first article inspections, and other special inspections.
- Conducts, documents, and reports on process audits of assembly/molding processes.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Inputs Statistical Process Control (SPC) data in Predisys. May create DCFs, which includes collection of inspection data.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- High School degree or GED certificate and 2 years of experience in injection molding, precision metrology, machine shop operations or similar industry/environment.
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting of boxes.
- Must have visual acuity of at least corrected 20/40 near vision with both eyes. May have mild deficiency or better in color vision.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires use of simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication, calculate averages), fixed and adjustable measuring instruments, simple use of charts, maintaining and understand records.
- General knowledge of SPC and Predisys.