Part Time System Architect
Requisition Number: 219582
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Analyzes technical specifications and system requirements to determine best approach and feasibility of accomplishment within time and cost constraints.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Develop and maintain the processes and methods for architecture development & documentation, system design & documentation, and requirements engineering
– Lead requirements engineering activities in support of platform and product development
– Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff
– Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures
– Manage product design and documentation at a system level
– Perform and lead analysis and simulation activities necessary to determine performance, resource utilization, and other system design characteristics
– Provide technical expertise and guidance to engineering staff
– Provide leadership for project cross-functional teams necessary to perform technology studies, product feasibility studies, high level design, component specification and acquisition, and other coordinated project team activities
– Responsible for developing and documenting high level system architectures and designs
– Insuring overall system integrity, as well as insuring that the system will meet all functional and non-functional performance requirements
– Lead and participate in requirements engineering, simulation & analysis, and high level design activities necessary to insure project goals
– Provide leadership in identification and mitigation of technical project risks, identification of technical and integration dependencies affecting overall project plans and schedules, striving to insure successful system integration and completion of system requirements
– Perform independent research and engineering studies
Education & Experience Requirements
– Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (Ph.D preferred)
– Plus 8 years experience
– Plus 2 years experience designing system requirements
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.