Senior Principal Data Scientist
Requisition Number: 219586
Work Location: Lexington, KY
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Providing customers with the best-in-class knowledge, experiences, and best practices to be transferred between markets, industries, technologies and capabilities. Jabil helps bring products to market faster and more cost-effectively, empowering companies to be change agents in their industries.
The company was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. Jabil reported $19 billion in revenues in fiscal year 2017 and is the world’s third largest electronic manufacturing services provider.
Using knowledge of advanced analytics, data mining and statistical techniques, the Sr Principal Data Scientist designs and develops enterprise analytic solutions to improve business performance. This role researches emerging technologies to evaluate new analytic possibilities, designs and develops prototypes & proof-of-concept solutions in support of presales activities, and supports the development of standardized analytic offerings across multiple business functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines analytic strategies to meet demands of business requirements.
- Defines technical and data requirements of the analytic solutions.
- Conducts sophisticated data mining analyses and build data mining models, as required, as part of the initial solution development.Translates data mining results into clear business focused deliverables for decision makers.
- Works with Application Developers to deploy data mining models into operational systems.
- Defines and recommends best practices for applying data mining to problem domain.
- Designs and/or contributes to the development of a data mining systems that enable reuse, efficiency, manageability and deployment.
- Integrates advanced analytics into end-to-end business intelligence solutions and operational business processes.
- Verifies and implements the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often provides a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- May act as the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Often leads the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assess customer needs and requirements.
- Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise.
- Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc.
- Presents at technology conferences.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Fifteen to Twenty (15-20) years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/ Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in analytic application/solution development. Refers to the implementation of repeatable analytic solutions which encompass all phases of the software development cycle; beyond model development.
- Minimum 3 years use of R (statistical programming language), SAS (statistical analysis system) Enterprise Miner or SPSS (statistical package for the social sciences) Clementine for data mining and statistical analysis
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
The company was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. Jabil reported revenues in Fiscal 2017 of $19 Billion and is the world’s third largest electronic manufacturing services provider. More information about the Company can be found on its website at http://www.jabil.com
Successful applicants must fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.