Robot Guidance & Customer Operations Engineering Co-op – Spring 2019
Requisition Number: 219205
Work Location: Lexington, KY
Jabil is a global product solutions company headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL providing comprehensive services to electronics and technology companies in a broad range of industries. With 180,000+ employees across 100 sites in 28 countries, Jabil helps customers turn ideas into products with our wide range of strategic design, manufacturing and product management capabilities; allowing customers to think beyond their conventional marketplace and explore new opportunities.
Badger Technologies, a product division of Jabil, provides actionable data and analytics for retail operations through automation solutions that include a fully autonomous robot to address out-of-stock, planogram compliance, price integrity and other operational inefficiencies. Actionable data and business analytics translates into improved store execution, lower operational costs and higher profits. Badger Technologies offers complete end-to-end solutions, from robot and software to store integration, maintenance analytics.
Robot Guidance and Customer Operations Engineering Co-op – Lexington, KY
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Improving the transformation of 3D point clouds to 2D ‘maps’ used in the robot’s guidance system
- Defining store zones and integrating the robot with the store alert systems
- Defining the robots ideal route in the stores, including key positions for image capture, charging, etc.
- Creating innovative ways to automate manual tasks throughout the complete process of on-site preparation, installation, and support of the products in the field
- Working with Badger’s cloud-based application developers to drive efficiency and define future improvements in the overall system
- Interacting with customers and store associates, on location, to set direction for future firmware and cloud-based applications used to manage the fleet of installed robots
- Writing queries and analyzing data to look for trends within stores, across stores, etc. to drive improvements to the operations
- December 2019 – Spring 2022 graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours) per week in the Lexington, KY office
- Analytical and inquisitive mind-set
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Seeks challenges and opportunities to learn
- Proficient in Linus, Java, C++, Python and/or other database query languages
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.