Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Providing customers the best-in-class knowledge, experiences and best practices to be transferred between markets, industries, technologies and capabilities, Jabil helps bring products to market faster and more cost-effectively, empowering companies to be change agents in their industries.
The company was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. Jabil reported $19 billion in revenues in fiscal year 2017 and is the world’s third largest electronic manufacturing services provider.
We are in search of a skilled, detail oriented, process minded and exited Data tech lead to come and be part of the Analytics team. We are looking for a candidate with information management, big data, data warehousing and analytics technologies to provide tactical and strategic lead in the areas of data extraction, data integration, data cleaning/transformation, data quality, data modeling, data distribution, data mining and data visualization to create data consistency to enable the Digital transformation of Jabil with the power of Analytics.
This individual will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical and people skills to define and guide the data strategy at Jabil.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a key role and thought leadership in the areas of advance data techniques including database design, data access, data extraction/integration/transformation/distribution, data cleaning, data modeling, data mining and data visualizations.
- Defines and drives the technology roadmap for the Analytics team
- Participate and collaborate with the Jabil Analytics business teams to drive data strategy roadmap for the identification, classification, distribution, modeling and analytics of enterprise data
- Participate and collaborate with the Jabil Analytics business teams to leverage common analytics platforms
- Ability to size and suggest data solutions based on business requirements.
- Actively participate in the evaluation of vendors/partners and products for needed for Analytics
- Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear objectives and logical steps that can articulate sound and holistic Analytics solutions
- Take the lead and facilitate the design discussion between different IT groups
- Collaborate with the data and visualizations teams to create standards and guidelines for the design and development of information and analytics
- Provide leadership in the definition and creation of system environments use for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Be the point of contact for product and platform design and assess new opportunities
- Ability to participate in relevant analytics project audits
- Drive the implementation of agile data methodologies to enable the digital transformation at Jabil by having a business-driven approach, data migration, and data management.
- Effectively communicate findings with business and technical team members
- Knowledge of data programming languages (SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL, HiveQL) and advanced data analysis programming languages (R, Phyton)
- Participates on Analytics projects and work closely with the business, data, data science and data visualizations teams
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in a different time zone
- Develops metrics for quality and consistency of data across the data platforms
- Experience in understanding data governance, storage, quality, system interconnectivity, and analytics processes
- Experience with SAP data in key functional areas, such as planning, purchasing, and inventory management
- Expertise in SAP HANA, SQL, relational databases, Hadoop, data streaming (Kafka, Kudu etc) and multidimensional data modeling
- Experience with Cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Knowledge of visualizations tools capabilities (MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentations skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment across different regions.
- Structure thinker and effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers
- Ability to work independently, establish strategic objectives, project plans, and milestones goals
- Experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems OR equivalent external work experience
- Plus minimum of 6 – 8 years work-related experience required in information technology or a relevant Jabil IT position
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.