Site Quality Manager
Requisition Number: 220649
Work Location: Tijuana, Baja California
Drive continuous improvement through the development and implementation of Quality processes, systems, tools and techniques. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Business Strategy, Direction and Cost Management
– Know and understand the campus strategic directions
– Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions
– Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Quality
– Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy, costs and costs trends.
– Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems
– Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
Technical Management Responsibilities
– Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
– Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells
– Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
– Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement
– Demonstrate a commitment to customer service
– Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (i.e. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, TS16949, BABT, TUV, AS9000). Act as the company’s quality management representative.
– Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
– Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
– Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures
– Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
– Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention
– Recruit, interview and hire Quality Engineers, OBA (out of box audit) personnel, Quality Analyst resources and communicate criteria to recruiters
– Coach Quality Engineering staff in the interviewing/hiring process
– Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements
Employee and Team Development
– Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis
– Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility
– Coach and mentor Quality Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer
– Create and manage succession plans for Quality function
– Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results
– Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager, Business Unit Manager, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback
– Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
– Seven years experience, including two years in a supervisory role required.
– Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.