Data Scientist I
Requisition Number: 220825
Work Location: Penang, Pulau Pinang
The Data Scientist I is a statistical analyst well versed in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques. This role will have experience querying and analyzing large data sets using traditional structured data base tools and ‘big data’ tools for unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Work as part of a data science, business intelligence, and/or business analytics team to produce predictive and/or statistical models and algorithms or statistical engines for input to key business applications. (e.g. InControl 2.0, R, Azure ML, Minitab, Python, SaS, IBM SPSS)
– Take direction from senior data scientists and/or IT Technical Leads on model creation where required.
– Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities.
– Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
– Build dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
– Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
– Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or Machine Learning. Master’s degree a plus.
– Preferred 1-3 years’ experience in:
– Data mining, statistical modeling or optimization projects using tools or languages such as SPSS, SAS, MATLAB, iLog, R, Python, Azure Machine Learning
– Working on a variety of advanced analytics projects with good understanding of the different stages of an analytics project
– Databases, data mapping, data validation, and data transformation
– Preferred experience in data management or database technologies
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.