Programmer/Analyst II – 6 months contract
Requisition Number: 220953
Work Location: Singapore,
Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, modifies and installs programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design Data Model and data Provisioning with MS SQL Server or another relational Database System.
- Perform data transformation with ETL tools such as MS SQL Server Integration Services, Talend Open Studio, Pentaho data integration etc.
- Programming with scripting languages such as Python, Perl for complex ETL transformation not fulfil by ETL tools
- Create Report/analytics view with data visualization tools such as Power BI, MicroStrategy, ClikView etc.
- Write programs that involve formatted output and complex reporting.
- Write basic data extracts and flat file interfaces.
- Design and code basic screen functionality.
- Interface with functional specialists to ensure solution design and integrity.
- Solid understanding of functional integration points, entity relationships and module flows.
- Prepare technical specifications and test plans.
- Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
- Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
- Work seamlessly with all IT Teams to ensure high standard of IT support at all levels.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are ‘best in field’.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems OR equivalent external work experience OR equivalent formal training in related duties. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.