Sr Global Quality Manager 1
Requisition Number: 218623
Work Location: Chengdu, Sichuan
Support the globalization of business through leading and coordinating the standardization of systems, procedures and policies across all of the Jabil Engineering development sites world-wide.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that current and future quality design and proto manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer design requirements and all regulatory requirements.
- Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction both external and internal.
- Act as a liaison between Jabil Engineering design sites for design projects during development and release to production facility, including providing and assuring input into transfer plans and project schedules, supporting design team, data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed.
- Make sure that all projects are following the defined requirements inclusive of PCP and that Dash boards are reviewed accordingly.
- Provide support and technical assistance to new Design facilities and/or production startups.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to your direct reports and Jabil site Quality Managers and staff.
- Assume travel international and/or domestic as appropriate visiting customers, and presenting engineering NPI verification and validation capabilities requested by BU or from Executive management as appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the standardization of systems, procedures and practices across all of the Jabil work cells.
- Ensure that current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirement.
- Coach/Lead direct reports at all engineering design sites as appropriate or required by infrastructure change.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent education and training
- Plus 6 to 8 years’ experience in a relevant Jabil quality position or equivalent external work experience, including at least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role within an accounting department
- Advance degree and Quality management experience with responsibilities for more than one development or manufacturing facility given higher preference
- Be familiar with the six sigma tools and method, Basic statistic, ANOVA, FMEA/QCP, MSA, DOE, Sampling plan, SPC, DMAIC/8D problem solving methodology, and APQP/AQP…
- Strong quality culture and mindset. Will conduct the quality mindset test before interviewing.