About Our Company
Nypro Healthcare, a Jabil Inc. company, offers healthcare and pharmaceutical customers the widest array of design and manufacturing capabilities in the industry. With more than 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex and regulated demands of the diagnostics, medical devices and pharmaceutical markets enabling the world’s leading brands to fulfill their market potential. Nypro Healthcare’s customer focused services range from ideation to device development support, engineering, supply chain optimization, vertical plastics and electronics to device assembly operations, all at our purpose-built facilities that support stringent healthcare requirements and protect our customers’ intellectual property.
* Perform forecasting and reporting of budgetary requirements and performance of responsible departments.
* Develop and implement the strategic vision and tactical plan for the Metrology, Calibration and Incoming departments in support of Nypro Clinton goals and objectives.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department activities.
* Ensure complete compliance to all applicable statutory and regulatory standards including cGMP/QSR, ISO13485 and 21CFR820, Part 11.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Plan, promote and participate in activities to support local and global safety practices and programs
* Act as a change agent and participant in continuous improvement activities towards customer focus, process planning and improvement, and employee empowerment
* Serve as a Site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Advanced Quality Planning (AQP)
* Serve as a Site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* Serve as a Department Representative as a contributor / participant in internal, corporate, customer and third-party audits
* Serve as a Department Action Team Leader for Corrective Actions (CA), Preventative Actions (PA) and A3 Projects
* Serve as the Responsible Manager for the deployment of new or modified automated inspection solutions, up to and including, selection, design and implementation of fixtures, gages, standards and methods.
* Responsible for direct supervision of departmental Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians, as well as temporary workforce performing those functions as necessary. Responsibilities include:
o Interviewing, hiring and training department resources
o Planning, assigning and directing work
o Employee performance appraisals, acknowledgement/rewarding and disciplinary actions
o Addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Allocation of Metrology Engineering resources in support of Nypro Clinton Program Management objectives / initiatives
* Allocation of department resources in support of Nypro Clinton commercial objectives / initiatives
* Cost Center budgetary forecasting, monitoring and monthly reporting for planned / realized headcount allocation, capital expenditures (CAPEX), resource training, and calibration expenses
* Serve as a member of the Quality Steering Committee
* Other responsibilities to be assigned as appropriate
Education & Experience Requirements
The following are requirements of the posted job requirements
* B.S. in a Technical or Applied Science discipline or equivalent, with 5 – 7 years engineering experience and 0 – 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills required.
* Effective leader possessing strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
The following are preferred in job candidates:
* Applied knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* Applied experience in Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R)
* Applied resource management experience, particularly in a shared services application
* Technical writing skills, including work instruction / procedure, testing protocol and summary report creation
The following are not required but considered valued skills in job candidates:
* Experience with Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), Vision System, Comparators, Drop Indicators, Calipers, Force Testers, PEVCO, Keyence VR
* Experience with PC-DMIS, MeasureMind3D, Zone3, Visual Basic (VB) / Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python and BlueHill
* Experience with SolidWorks, Creo, AutoCad or other Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software packages
* Experience with Minitab, LotusNotes, SAP, Predisys SPC, and Adobe Writer applications
* Experience with hard gauging and hand tools for taking measurements
* Experience with managing budgetary requirements
* ASQ certifications such as Certified Quality Manager, Certified Auditor, or Certified Quality Engineer
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.