Sr Manager IT
Requisition Number: 222003
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Do you want to join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who’s company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world’s largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
Manages a function of the information technology department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Help set and drive strategy for responsible technology area.
– Serve as escalation point for IT issues.
– Deliver IT services in line with business requirements
– Communicate IT strategic direction and issues.
– Pursue, implement and enhance Best Practice to drive operational excellence in area of responsibility.
– Ensure processes/people are in place to support all technology/business systems.
– Understand business strategy and develop technical infrastructure to support this strategy.
– Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
– Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
– Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
– Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
– Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
– To be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
– To maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
– Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
– Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems OR equivalent education and training.
– Plus 6 to 8 years experience in a relevant Jabil IT position OR equivalent external work experience.
– Experience must include least 5 years in a supervisory or management role within an Information Systems department.
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.