This position leads the assembly, test, quality inspection and packaging process for manufacturing of capital equipment electro-mechanical products. This person is a frontline leader of production and needs to be fully engaged with team members in the assigned group/cell to ensure they have what they need to produce good quality products, at a rate that matches the forecast to meet customer demand. Primary tasks includes demonstrating, execution, tracking, organizing, assisting and monitoring manufacturing processes and assimilating, training and certifying new employees into the assigned group/cells.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily focus is listed but not limited to the below items or areas, other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate Safety objectives.
- Report safety issues to management; identify safety issues and review issues with team
- Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized, drive 5S execution in the cell/area of operation, ensuring this is taking place each shift, monitor progress and suggest areas of improvement.
- Adhere to all safety rules, use and ensure that workers use the required protective equipment.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Understand and communicate quality and yield issues
- Lead Quick Response Quality Control activities to immediately resolve production quality issues.
- Work towards correction of quality issues, it's resolution and ensure that all team members are aware of quality issues that affect their cell.
- Conduct regularly (shift/daily) Layered Process Audits to ensure production/assembly work area readiness.
- Review production documentation, verify that only accurate, current, and authorized documentation is available on the line.
- Inform or instruct employees of any deviations or changes.
- Report findings and corrections to management.
- Understand and communicate the daily/weekly build plan for the group/cell.
- Monitor assigned group/cells' throughput to meet standard metrics for Quality, Efficiency and On-Time Delivery, maximizing labor utilization, minimizing downtime
- Record data, ensuring accuracy and communicates to manufacturing supervisor and management.
- Determine and implement actions to be taken to achieve goals. Implement these actions to ensure target is achieved.
- Communicate obstacles to cell members, corrective action plan and when the issues will be corrected.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility, work with the group/cell members on continuous improvement opportunities motivating the team to accomplish goals.
- Build Management
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Supervisor and organize group/cell workload and staffing depending on product priority.
- Demonstrate and/or execute proper assembly, test, quality inspection and pack-out to ensure work is completed on time.
- Ensure work meets or exceeds Jabil workmanship standards, flawless execution, promoting the culture of "doing right the first time" by ensuring team have a clear understanding of work instructions and procedures.
- Track production and ensure all deadlines and schedules are met.
- Monitor the MES/EPS closely in order to recognize and fix repetitive problems immediately.
- Minimize changeover times through organized and well-planned changeovers.
- Minimize excess material on floor; avoiding loss/damage and aging WIP inventory.
- Ensure availability of stocks, operation supplies and equipment avoiding downtime attributed to material and or equipment shortage.
- Tools Management
- Verify the cell has enough supplies, tools and equipment to meet the production, quality and forecast goals daily.
- Record and keep accurate inventory of tools and equipment.
- Implement timely equipment preventive maintenance, calibration and repairs as needed.
- Ensure that 5S activities are taking place each day, help monitor progress and suggest areas of improvement.
- People Leadership
- Motivate and challenge all line members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
- Create a positive culture for all team members, strive to maintain a fun and safe place to work.
- Keep all team members up to date and involved in the daily activities of the cell and surrounding areas.
- Notify Manufacturing Supervisor and Management immediately regarding all employee problems, concerns and
- Review all relevant policies and procedures issued to the line and ensure that employees read, understand, and adhere to them.
- Attend scheduled courses/meetings in regard to Human Resources Policies - Harassment and/or
- Ensure the cell knows the daily production plan and is staffed to meet/exceed forecast
- Feedback to the planner when there is an absence or unplanned staff shortage.
- Communicate the need for OT and share with team members.
- Lead, train and or certify production personnel working in assigned cells on a timely manner. To do this Lead I need to be certified in majority of the manufacturing processes on assembly, test quality inspection and pack-out.
- Ensure all team members are up to date in training requirements. Track and maintain employees training and certification records ensuring applicability and validity.
- Attend daily workcell production meetings (as needed, and in the absence of the manufacturing supervisor).
- Frequently communicate with cell, as needed, to support the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals and with management on issues that affect the cell/production.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically includes: Manager, Sr. Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system, MS Office and related software.
- Possess advanced PC skills, including training and learn quickly knowledge on Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out step-by-step instruction and give concise step-by-step instructions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Ability to communicate with all levels, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience