Ownership for monitoring inventory levels, traceability, and identifying, classifying, and finding the root causes of inventory inaccuracies. Give feedback and possible solutions to manager for eliminating further discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for monitoring all material transactions for assigned area(s).
· Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors.
· Recommend changes that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from reoccurring.
· Be flexible enough to work overtime, assist in material handling functions, and fill in for other Inventory Control personnel as required and as specified by the Inventory Control Manager.
· Responsible for eliminating any manufacturing downtime associated with assigned area (where applicable).
· Perform regular component cycle counts as required.
· Perform inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required.
· Assist in the development and implementation of any materials management systems that will enhance inventory control at Jabil Circuit.
· Be able to interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.