This is a journeyman level machinist position where the operator can operate most or all machines in the shop. Performs other lead related duties such assisting with staffing coverage, training and communicating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate a wide variety of machine tool equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC, and other hand and power machines.
· Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
· Makes shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
· Inspects parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
· Programs a variety of machines.
· Provide work leadership to others.
· Work with production control to allocate jobs to the machinists so that work is completed on schedule and everyone is doing their fair share of work.
· Ensure that there are sufficient resources to get work out on schedule. This includes manpower, machinery, tooling, material, etc.
· Maintain equipment and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain records of maintenance. Arrange for outside service repair of equipment as required.
· Train new employees if assigned.
· Performs other job functions as assigned
· Ability to read complex math and angles
· Complex blue print reading.
· Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School/GED or higher education preferred
· 5+ years experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, Lathe and manual machines a plus
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.