The Design Project Manager is responsible for project planning, execution, tracking and closure. Leading cross-functional project team to deliver medium to high complexity technology products, managing project to meet objectives (scope, time, cost, quality) and satisfying internal and external customers expectation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the end-to-end project management for server/storage products from RFQ, planning, design, release to MFG, sustaining till end-of-life.
- Responsible for project scheduling, project level consolidation, alignment with internal and customer and execution to schedule.
- Responsible for budget planning, forecasting and regularly update actual Vs. plan, controlling spending against budget. Take appropriate activities or countermeasures to recover cost overrun.
- Responsible for controlling project scope change, assess the impact and re-baseline project scope, schedule and cost with approved changes.
- Design team focal point to SCM & MFG team for engineering deliverables, and tracking the materials readiness, prototype build & shipment, and Pre/Post-DFx issues closure.
- Analyze, anticipate, quantify, and mitigate risk (schedule, cost, quality etc.)
- Host regular project review meeting with internal and customer for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
- Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders.
- Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve project objectives.
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external. Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to identify gaps in people and process capabilities and drive continuous improvement.
- Fluent English is a must, as working language. (Both written and spoken)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Good presentation, negotiation skills.
- Good responsibility, Independent and self-motivated.
- Experience in Microsoft Project tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Management.
- 8+ years of experience in relevant industry, minimum 3 years project management in complex projects with proven track record.
- Technical background or hands-on development experience in electronics products preferred.
- PMP Certification Preferred.
- Based in Shanghai, China.