The Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for directing and managing high visibility global multi-site electromechanical with software systems and/or disposable medical device projects that involve product and manufacturing process design. The Projects may range between 1 to 4 years in duration. Will be responsible for leading small (2-3) to large (10+) teams of ME, EE, SW, PV, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineers from Global Design locations.
The Project Manager is the direct and critical link to our OEM customers, our Business Unit team, Supply Chain, NPI, Quality, and Production and will be responsible for developing/managing budgets, schedules and design documentation for frequent status update reporting and tracking.
Ultimate responsibility for the Project Manager is to ensure the team is held accountable to achieve predefined budget and deliverable targets to ensure our OEM customer is satisfied.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a professional level of competence in program/project management providing team leadership and customer interaction.
- Ability to lead strong multi-functional teams and build strong relationships to achieve program or project objectives.
- Independently develop complex SOWs, project schedules and financials.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles, fundamentals, and knowledge areas.
- Lead all aspects of a project with minimal supervision.
- Identify and monitor risks (threats & opportunities), plan and implement responses to those risks.
- Ability to manage project scope and to incorporate approved changes into the project following approved product development process, particularly related to creating and obtaining approvals for contract change orders (CCO’s).
- Experience working with and managing external vendors/suppliers that may be contracted to provide design support for the project.
- Independently conduct internal formal reviews to ensure project deliverables meet customer requirements.
- Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
- Effectively communicate technical aspects of a project to customers with appropriate input from Technical Leads.
- Facilitate communication as appropriate to all involved and effectively manage complex stakeholder needs. This includes escalating issues to the next level of management.
- Host meetings and conduct complex project status discussions with minimal supervision.
- Independently develop project schedules and budgets to track progress and costs, including Earned Value (EV) Analysis.
- Experience with Earned Value Management including the ability to forecast project budget, manage actual costs compared to budget on a weekly/monthly basis, and estimate percent complete of project activities and tangible outputs/deliverables.
- Experience managing project scope, including identification, documentation, and communication of potential scope changes along with estimated cost and time impact along with appropriate mitigations to minimize impact.
- Demonstrated experience with stage gate product development processes.
- Demonstrated experience with and detailed knowledge of Agile Methodology for product development.
- Highly experienced using project management tools (i.e MS project) and requirements management tools.
- Six Sigma background or related methodical or analytical skills to help identify and streamline non-value add project activities and processes.
- Self-motivated and able/interested in working in an environment that may involve minimum management oversight.
- This individual will be the direct link to our customers, so candidates need to be confident, articulate, disciplined and a good communicator during the interview process.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group LeadJob is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 10+ years of project management experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Agile project management experience (Hardware Projects preferred)
- PMP certification is required.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience with Medical Devices involving electromechanical systems and disposables from an early concept stage to manufacturing launch.
- Technical background and experience with demonstrated ability to recognize, assess, and communicate cross-functional issues and risks.
- Demonstrated experience managing design projects as part of a contract design and engineering organization is desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing Projects with multiple engineering disciplines on multi-site global Projects.
- Medical Device (equipment and disposables) experience and understanding of Quality Management Systems and Design Controls.