Working as a member of the Global Business Center (GBC) finance team located in Penang, this position is an extension of the Singapore based GBC finance team responsible for and supporting the company’s strategic initiatives. The key functions of this position are to provide accounting, financial & business-related analysis and reporting support for the business.
- Prepare and analyze Business Unit financial reports on a recurring and/or adhoc basis
- Perform inventory related transactions such as standard cost roll, hub-inventory, goods-in-transit, profit elimination adjustments, etc.
- Account for business specific transactions such as non-recurring expense (NRE), sales rebate, true-up adjustments, sales return, sales/costs deferral, etc.
- Ensure reconciliation of inter-company transactions are in order
- Prepare journals and review financial statements for month end closing
- Ensure finance related processes, policies and deliverables, are compliant with SOX baseline and controls
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of management reports, including addressing queries from Corporate office and external stakeholders (internal and external)
- Provide commentaries for variance analysis and highlight any significant problem areas
- Work closely with Business unit and counterparts from other plant in weekly indicator and forecasts
- Collaborate with other function teams in routine/adhoc tasks and projects
- Participate in Finance improvement projects
- Support ad-hoc task and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Manage external and internal audit requirements
- Exposure and basic knowledge of transfer pricing models
- Exposure and basic knowledge of US and China taxation would be an advantage
- Independent and possess the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Highly adaptive with the ability to function in a dynamic environment, with involvement of various partners and stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Positive and willing to learn.
- Possesses an analytical mindset. Meticulous and pays attention to details.
- Team player.
- Customer-oriented (internal and external) with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- Qualified Accountant with 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Degree in Accounting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and MS Word are required to be successful in this role. SAP, TM1 and BI experience will be added advantage
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization