Research, identify, and analyze ‘tail spend’ suppliers in assigned region within key global categories and collaborate with Global Category leads on supplier segmentation strategy, supplier rationalization; Ensure suppliers are properly vetted and bring spend under management via standard contracts; seek to increase volume of suppliers on catalog and to negotiate rebate and other cost enhancement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and measure a commodity specific Strategy that fully meets the needs of our Business Sectors, BU and Corporation (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities Adhere to Global Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
- Lead indirect materials classifications, technical specification analysis and drive standardization efforts
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to renegotiate with suppliers periodically
- Develop implementation strategy and communication plans
- Identify opportunities for supplier consolidation who can add value in areas of Tail Spend Management
- Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
- Ensure the commodity supply base adheres to Jabil standards of Corporate Social Responsibilities including but not limited to Environmental, Ethical, Legislative, and Regulatory requirements
- Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
- Negotiate supplier Contracts
- Support analyzing regional market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
- Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
- Aggressively negotiate absolute best pricing, terms and conditions
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that Global Indirect Procurement is fully involved with new business opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new, innovative, entrepreneurial ideas, practices and processes that drive continuous improvement to Jabil’s supply chain goals and objectives
- Set annual goals and objectives that ensure commodities managed meet and exceed supply chain metric targets
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Sourcing Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- In depth knowledge of assigned commodity(s) both technical and commercial
- Contract management and negotiations
- Know the supply base management teams of assigned commodity(s)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Supply Chain Management or other relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of two to five (2-5) years experience in Supply Chain/Materials Management experience in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.