At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Software Developer is an application developer that receives requirements from TS Management and Sector Leads and develops solutions per requirements. This role assists in driving proficiency within the team, assures best practices are followed, and supports the delivery of quality solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with functional managers and sector leads to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
· Assists in providing decisions into application development platforms and tools.
· Reviews and evaluates new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
· Participates in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
· Facilitates the alignment of solutions within the overall Technology Services strategy.
· Designs solutions on an Enterprise level with medium level of guidance.
· Assures best practices are defined and followed.
· Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
· Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
· Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
· Performs and or supports other duties and responsibilities of team members as required.
· Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proven proficiency across multiple disciplines and or technologies.
· Advanced programming skills in both .Net and Java/J2EE platforms.
· Advanced design and architecture experience.
· Experience with XML structure and reporting engines.
· Advanced skills with SQL, IIS, HTTP, and FTP.
· Strong Linux experience, preferred
· Experience in designing applications for automated production environments, preferred
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.