Supervise the receipt and storage of equipment, materials, merchandise, and similar items in the stockrooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Stockroom employees.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Stockroom position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
q Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Stockroom staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Stockroom function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (BUM, WCM, and Functional Managers on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that items are appropriately marked or tagged for identification purposes.
· Oversee maintenance of stock records.
· Stores items in bins, on shelves, or on floors for convenient access.
· Post Goods Issue research and resolution.
· Continually interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; and five years of experience, two in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.