The Supplier Quality Engineering Manager administrates and leads a group of technical professionals comprised of Supplier Quality Engineers, Component Specialists, Component Engineers and Receiving Inspection. The Supplier Quality Engineering group is a technical resource for Jabil suppliers and component issues, is responsible to drive manufacturing supplier related issues, periodic Supplier Evaluations, AMPL (Approved Manufacturer Part List) creation and maintenance, and Receiving Inspection management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Supplier Quality Engineering Staff.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Supplier Quality Engineering Staff position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Supplier Quality Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Materials function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate team activities and insure focus during times of crisis.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Supplier Quality Engineering strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Supplier Quality Engineering.
· Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Materials Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (BUM, WCM, and Functional Managers) on cost and cost trends.
· Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that critical supplier issues affecting manufacturing operations are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions implemented properly.
· Ensure that Receiving Inspection, RTV, SCAR database, MRB, and customer returns related to supplier issues data is captured correctly and available to users.
· Ensure ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed, supplier performance reported internally, to the supplier and to the customer if applicable.
· Enable technology for creation and maintenance of company AMPL within customer established guidelines.
· Establish with Supplier Quality Engineers the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods for Receiving Inspection function.
· Provide technical support to SCM personnel on supplier evaluation and selection.
· Support customer business needs using standard process where possible and customized solution where necessary.
· Adhere to safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred; and five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.