Direct Quality Engineers in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing on global customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Quality Engineers and Technicians.
· Coach Quality Engineers/Technicians in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Quality Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Quality Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Assistant Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
· Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
· Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
· Support all global training programs specific to their customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
· Develop appropriate systems for document storage, access and review pertaining to global customer accounts.
· Review all supplies, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
· Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
· Review all supplier or customer discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures.
· Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
· Assist in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree required and seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer point of contact for all audit and issues
- Lead the team of QE Engineers and Tech for driving overall metrics for QE in workcell
- Lead and drive Metrics for QE in workcell