Programming and maintaining GSI8100 vision inspection equipment. Summarize, record, & generate charts and reports from inspection gear data, pertaining to SPC efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· All aspects of SVS programming, to include, but not limited to:
o Absence/presence (paste first article, component first article)
o SPC programs for solder paste inspection.
o Component and solder paste placement accuracy.
o Programming via Cimbridge from customer CAD data.
· Regularly scheduled maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of SVS equipment.
· Coordinate and conduct all aspects of Measurement Tech I training.
· Maintain and enforce maintenance and calibration schedules.
· Completing and filing calibration certifications for all equipment requiring certification in accordance with Jabil procedures and the Quality Supervisor.
· Coordinate with vendor and other techs all 1st, 2nd, & 3rd echelon repairs, making in-house repairs whenever possible
· Maintain parts, equipment and tool inventory. Coordinate replenishment efforts with Quality Supervisor.
· File transfer, shut down procedures with back up files.
· Periodic on-call weekend duties for coverage of manufacturing.
· Maintain on-call schedules as required by scheduled manufacturing and/or as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
· Measure, record & maintain SPC data, technical reference files & physical storage of past control chart data and prepare reports as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
· Maintain all generated software and network systems. This should include:
o All databases created within the team.
o SVS data collection database and the parser.
o Vision FS interface software, to include maintaining access control over systems
o All barcode equipment used for data reporting during SVS inspections
· Support manufacturing line at inspection station.
· Instruct machine operators and engineers of the proper use of control charts.
· Coordinate and conduct SPC training for all machine operators and other necessary personnel. This should include statistical process control (SPC) basic theory, SVS operation as it pertains to SPC, and chart procedures.
· Create, distribute and then audit various manufacturing statistical process control charts for adherence to SPC control chart procedure. Reporting of audits results with the ability to explain analysis of SPC control charts.
· Maintain team audit schedules as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
· Trouble shoot for data anomalies, ability to learn software packages such as Excel and Mini-tab.
· Provide support to the Quality Supervisor and interface with Quality Engineers and manufacturing to promote process optimization/increased departmental efficiency.
· Provide support for equipment/process evaluation (experimentation) activities, utilizing appropriate measuring equipment and data gathering/inspection methods as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
· Develop and maintain project schedules within team to accomplish Process Improvement strategies as directed or sponsored by the Quality Supervisor.
· Ability to perform inspection using measurement equipment & command of measurement equipment used in SPC: Recording and transfer of data from SPC tools such as SVS, Wave Rider, and Oven Rider.
· Interface with the Quality Supervisor to determine/evaluate inspection methods. Ability to calculate statistically based process control parameters & understanding concepts relating to process capability.
· Provide support to the Quality Supervisor in the performance of any Process Improvement activities as required.
· Command of basics of gauge repeatability and reproducibility & perform on measurement equipment.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
Associate’s degree preferred; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in machine operation preferred. Experience in machine programming and understanding of CAD data preferred but not required. Ability to read blueprints, mylars, drawings and BOM’s preferred. Periodic on call weekend duties for coverage of manufacturing.