Develop, implement and measure a Global Business plan that fully meets the needs of our business sectors (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Global infrastructure, price management etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain Management including commodities not directly assigned.
- Develop a Global Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
- Develop, monitor and implement Global Commodity Strategies
- Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
- Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
- Define, Develop and implement supply chain models to meet Jabil’s business needs.
- Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure supply and price competitiveness
- Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
- Influence Jabil’s current and potential new customers
- Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director of Commodity Management
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five years Supply Chain/Materials Management
- Experience in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International: Up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.