The Sr Engineering Services Tech is responsible for the prototyping and debugging of circuits as assigned by the Engineering Services Tech Supvsr, Engineering Services Associates, or Engineering Services Managers. This role provides additional diagnostic support to the manufacturing work-cells when assigned and supports JTS NPI efforts when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in product development through building and debugging prototype units, providing feedback to the Engineering Services Associates.
· Design, build, debug, and/or operate unique fixtures or apparatus to aid in the debugging and/or validation of designs.
· Aid the engineers in component selection, component evaluation, and schematic entry.
· Detailed understanding of elementary assembly, repair and test processes & procedures (i.e. anatomy of a solder joint)
· Detailed understanding of technologies such as advanced packaging, advanced process test and systems
· Support with the development/execution of DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, and other tools for group projects
· Able to work with Engineer Services Associates to debug software or hardware by thoroughly testing for all possible input and output conditions to verify functionality.
· Able to record results and test hardware per a Level One test plan supplied by the Engineering Services Associates.
· Record all ideas, sketches, and pertinent conversations in a Engineering Services approved Log Book.
· Perform as a team member, voicing new ideas and improvements for the Design Engineering Lab.
· Demonstrate the ability to multitask work assignments.
· Provide support to the Engineering Services Department through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs