Drive continuous improvement through the development and implementation of Quality processes, systems, tools and techniques. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention
· Recruit, interview and hire Quality Engineers, OBA (out of box audit) personnel and Quality Analyst resources.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Quality Engineers, OBA (out of box audit) personnel and Quality Analyst candidates.
· Coach Quality Engineering staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Quality Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Quality function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Quality.
· Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (i.e. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, QS9000, BABT, TUV). Act as the company’s quality management representative (QMR).
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree and seven years experience, including two years in a supervisory role required.