Leads the production activities of the Business Unit to deliver products that meeT quality specifications and achieve or exceed service levels and cost targets, while ensuring that employees follow the required procedures and comply with the applicable regulations and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Know and follow EES policies and procedures; ensure that direct reports know and follow EES policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
• Complete training in area of responsibility and ensure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures.
• Complete required periodic re-training and ensure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as safety and environmental
• Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize and reward safe behavior in others.
• Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures.
• Evaluate staff member’s safety performance and ensure that safety is a part of each direct report’s GPMS. Provide resources (time and money) necessary to maintain safety process.
• Ensure safety structure is in place in form of working committees and department coordinators
• Reviews production schedules and coordinates manufacturing resources to ensure on-time delivery of products and components, while ensuring compliance with Quality System requirements.
• Interacts and collaborates with other functional departments to resolve constraints that may stop or delay production, including material, personnel, equipment, and process issues.
• Responsible for budget planning and expense controls applicable to the production area to meet or exceed the financial target of the business unit.
• Identifies and coordinates cost improvement projects including labor productivity, floor space utilization, inventory optimization and defect reduction, utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
• Coordinates the investigation and implementation of preventive and corrective actions that result from production non-conformances, audit observations, CAPA and others.
• Provides support for the timely and effective introduction of new products and the transfer of the existing processes to the Business Unit.
• Develops and maintains department metrics to monitor performance and coordinates actions to drive improvements.
• Manages employees’ development and maintains accurate and timely training records.
• Recognizes and rewards team work and good performance.
• Identifies assists and resolves labor issues in coordination with the Human Resources department.
• Comply with the Quality Procedures, Laws and regulations that apply
• Comply with our company regulations whether local, state and federal as well as procedures, and environmental health and safety policies.
• Follow J&J and EES Records Management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
• This job description is a guide of the main job responsibilities. It is understood that other special tasks related and/or minor responsibility can be assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Knowledge of Quality System requirements, such as ISO and QSR.
• Ability to identify opportunities and implement World Class manufacturing practices, including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and ME2 concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish at different organizational levels.
• Knowledge of Operations Management, including resource and capacity planning as well as project management.
• Knowledge of financial concepts applicable to manufacturing, including budgeting and cost controls.
• Leadership skills
• Good team work and collaboration skills
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, data management, projects management, presentation graphics, engineering analysis and statistical software
• Knowledge of information systems including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), CAF, and GoCart preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Administration.
• Master’s degree is a plus
• GB/BB Certification in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field.
• 5 years direct manufacturing or engineering experience