The Reporting Analyst converts raw data into understanding for business operations and management. Provides reporting and insight in an effort to guides business decisions and initiatives, while maintaining a high level of data integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Capture, analyze, and report trends using core databases and ancillary systems
· Generate metrics reports on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
· Research, analyze, and present data as assigned.
· Develop standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics.
· Meet with management to discuss and clarify requests for projects, highlight issues, and make recommendations to address issues and priorities.
· Write detailed reports and make oral presentations to management.
· Troubleshoot data and reports.
· Assist in rollout and implementation of programs and initiatives.
· Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
· Maintain the confidentiality of all information.
· Support the communication and interpretation of systems strategies, procedures & compliance requirements.
· May analyze budget, performance, and expenses data to create meaningful metrics from site to global level
· May develop and maintain dashboards, monthly reporting of data for executives, and other related metrics.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Duties and tasks are varied and complex, are performed under general supervision, and typically require originality and/or ingenuity to accomplish.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Functional knowledge of business processes and an understanding of how to establish/capture requirements metrics.
· Understanding of forecasting, budgets, functional analytics and/or terminology
· Strong analytical skills and ability to creatively identify and solve problems, as well as propose reporting systems and process improvements.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently, resolve project issues, meet deadlines and escalate appropriately to management.
· Ability to effectively communicate to various audiences within managerial levels.
· Strong teamwork capabilities with experience in working within a matrix management environment.
· Strong planning, time management and decision-making skills.
· Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments, and have the latitude to adapt procedures, processes and techniques.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.