Work within the materials rotation program (Materials, Planning and Purchasing departments) spending 6-12 months in each role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Inventory Analyst (6-12mos)
· Responsible for monitoring all material transactions for assigned area(s).
· Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors.
· Recommend changes that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from reoccurring.
· Be flexible enough to work overtime, assist in material handling functions, and fill in for other Inventory Control personnel as required and as specified by the Inventory Control Manager.
· Responsible for eliminating any manufacturing downtime associated with assigned area (where applicable).
· Perform regular component cycle counts as required.
· Perform inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required.
· Assist in the development and implementation of any materials management systems that will enhance inventory control at Jabil Circuit.
· Be able to interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
Planner/Buyer I (6-12mos)
· Participate in decision making of MPS loading through proper materials sizing.
· Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP). Continuously monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues.
· Ensure materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
· Proactively eliminate materials liabilities for Jabil by clearly understanding the ownership (supplier / customer). Track and provide supporting data to BUM in order to clearly define customer liable materials. Execute and maximize Jabil negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability.
· Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
· Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
· Maintain integrity of master data and purchasing planning parameters in order to minimize material liability and to balance the cost of procurement with inventory investment levels.
· Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
· Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
· Provide inputs to drive and execute Jabil’s commodity and pricing strategy. Work closely with Buyers, Commodity Managers, & SCM. Provide feedback on supplier performance and Jabil’s strategies.
· Minimize materials freight expenses for Jabil.
· Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
Production Planner (6-12mos)
· Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
· Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards are to be built.
· Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
· Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
· Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a handbook.
· Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
· At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
· Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
· At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
· Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
· Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout system.
· Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
· Understand all product production flow.
· Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
· Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Recent college graduate/Bachelors degree required. Coursework in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred. A certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.