Lead highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating embedded hardware design applications.
- Leads/supervises embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Directs all aspects of electronics circuit design with minimal supervision
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate EE architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- Work with and manage external component suppliers/manufacturers and provide input to their product roadmaps
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge (with moderate complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required one of more of Electical Engineering Design specializations or competencies:Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.