Supply Chain Technical manager is the key technical contributor to advance Jabil’s vision to lead and become Customers’ preferred Interconnect partner. Required to proactively initiate and demonstrate strong technical knowledge and competency. Provide leadership in engineering engagement with all Jabil’s stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Commodity Strategy Development
· To develop, define and execute strategy plan alongside with Global/Division Commodity Management (GCM/DCM) and Strategy Sourcing Managers (SSM)
Strategic Competency Development
· Provide Technical Leadership for the commodity
· Responsible to develop all value propositions and technical proposals
· Develop and Deploy Engineering Workshops / Trainings / Seminars to build up Jabil’s Internal Capabilities
· Active engagement with Jabil EMS R&D sites, Jabil Integrated Solution and Strategic Suppliers, to lead and define requirements
· Leading key technical presentations and discussions
· Proactive engagement with strategic suppliers to identify, define and lead early adopters opportunity for emerging technologies or product offerings
· Lead, Engage and Convince adoption of Jabil Interconnect strategy
· Lead Technical engagement for all commodity discussion
· Engage, Initiate and drive strategy deployment
· Convince and demonstrate Jabil ‘s competency
Jabil Integrated Solutions (JIS)
· Supporting JIS operation team in all technical matters ensuring the smooth execution of activities along with our JIS collaborative partners.
· Key activities include but not limited: (A) Being the key technical lead for JIS entities; (B)Manage scheduled meetings to follow-up status or technical issues
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Required at least 10 years of applicable commodity and/or engineering experience
· Minimum Mechanical / Electrical Engineering degree
· Preferably with Post graduate, professional training or hands-on experience in either design or manufacturing process knowhow
· Demonstrated competence in technical engagement with the customers