The SCM Project Manager will drive ongoing enhancements and increased efficiency within Jabil’s global price administration process. This person will manage indirect resources dedicated to improving Jabil’s global supply chain processes and software.
The SCM Project Manage strategizes and utilizes defined tools to monitor project cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Supply Chain deliverables identified allow Jabil to stay in front of our competition from a supply chain management standpoint.
- Supports coordination of Supply Chain activities for all phases of PCP execution ie material expedition, knowledge in escalation process, material alternate resolution. material long term supply strategy.
- Coordinate with the purchasing community to ensure pricing implementation that increase the efficiency of Jabil’s global price administration process and allow Jabil to stay in front of our competition from a supply chain management standpoint.
- Forge successful relationships with purchasing community and suppliers to work on material supply assurance to support manufacturing requirement.
- Follow SC metrics for evaluating successful supply chain performance.
- Coordinate within Supply Chain and Purchasing actions to address supply chain problems.
- Work with commodity management to establish procurement strategies that support the acquisition of materials for new and transfer products.
- Master the Supply Chain tools used in the global price administration process to ensure they meet Jabil’s business needs.
- Track, drive and communicate all Supply Chain KPI changes and enhancements.
- Assist Business Units in identifying cost reduction opportunities for sourced components.
- Work with the Legal Department to provide legal protection for confidential/ intellectual property by assuring non-disclosure agreements are in place.
- Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promotes the use of Jabil's Strategic Suppliers.
- Helps identify and facilitate the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for key applicable needs relative to program requirements
- Assists with negotiating favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with key suppliers falling outside JABIL'S strategic supplier base
- In collaboration with Commodity Management, assists with managing the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of BOM and AVL in the design phase / manufacturing phase.
- Identify functional alternative where technology or vendor base risks warrant. Specifically on single sourced items or components requiring tooling.
- Establish procurement business systems and controls to analyze and quantify the cost and risk impact of the various supplier alternatives ( ie single and sole sourcing )
- Executes Jabil's Early Supplier Involvement program and VA/VE process to execute alternate source solution.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of Jabil’s SCM software.
· Ability to define software requirements and create procedural manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information or training material and respond to questions from relatively large groups of people.
· Strong problem solving, analytic, negotiation, project management and people skills are a must.
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, summarize information and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to solve practical problems with limited information.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.