The Asst Industrial Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a group of Industrial Engineers through planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, productions and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Asst Industrial Engineering Manager will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establish and clearly communicate all global, regional and site Industrial Engineering strategies to the Industrial Engineering team.
· Coach, mentor and train engineers with the Industrial Engineering team.
· Support recruitment and retainment of Industrial Engineering talent within the site.
· Report and drive improvement within the site through the monitoring of the key Industrial Engineering metrics.
· Develop and maintain the Industrial Engineering succession plan for the site.
· Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction.
· Standardize the configuration of the systems used (e.g. SAP, MES, IEDB…)
· Develop and maintain site key process flow charts.
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization.
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Understanding of the complete Sales to Payment process
o Strong financial and analytical ability
o Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering
· MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 5 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training