Has responsibility to plan, program and supervise the activities of both direct and indirect employees that are responsible for the shipping, receiving and related support functions for specified customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides direction and supervision to direct/indirect staff in order to ensure the uninterrupted flow of traffic in and out of Jabil facilities.
· Publishes reports on efficiencies and metrics for customer-specific operations in sufficient detail as to allow adequate control, communication and improvement opportunities.
· Ensures that all internal and external quality requirements are being met and institutes corrective action wherever necessary.
· Participates in the development and support of quality, cost, and schedule conformance targets for customer-specific operations and communicates them to direct and indirect staff.
· Coordinates the publication and dissemination of all customer required documentation.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials or Supply Chain Management.
· At least 4 years experience in related area.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.