A Work Cell Material Manager is responsible for managing the day to day material activities for a specific workcell (purchasing, planning, and inventory control). He/She should develop and implement strategic material management initiatives that are in-line with both customer and Jabil business strategies in order to meet customer expectations with most optimized resources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead material team management for one workcell or multiple workcell, be the main contact and next level escalation point for any material issues.
2 Build up solidate material organization to meet customer and workcell requirement,
2.1 People 's hiring , retention, development plan and performance management in the organization (PDP, SWOT, PIP etc),
2.2 Provide timely performance appraisals to direct reports on workcell. This includes interim goal setting and performance assesments, annual goal setting and performance reviews, suggested merit adjustments, and training plan development.
2.3 Resource planning, lead headcount sizing to projection headcount for TM1 lock
2.4 Lesson learn, Best practice, Baseline record, sharing and self audit for execution
3.Material KPI management ( Refer to KPI matrix), ensure KPI are driven and achieved in healthy Jabil way
4. Lead and drive continue improvement/innovation project related to material team, Initiate/participate process /system development and optimization.
5. Play the role as customer interface like new customer introduction meeting or customer audit.
6. Play regular operation activities
6.1 Workcell JOS meeting/Function meeting/CWA meeting/Gemba walk etc.
6.2 Participate revenue, inventory and DII forecast cycle.
6.3 Co-ordinate the sizing effort for the workcell and manage sizing resolutions.
7. Assist the development and implementation of any material management systems that will help increase the strength of the Material team.
8. Work with Supply Chain and customer on the supply chain optimization.
9 Lead plant level or sector level specific task assigned.
· JOB QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. BA in Supply Chain Management or equivalent, along with 5 years of experience in supervisory role.
2. Knowledge of ERP systems.
3. Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
4. Advanced PC skills.
5. Fluent English(CET4 at least or equal Certification)
This role will lead 60+ team members (including 4 supervisors).