Continuously works to improve core competency. This position is master expert who can designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. This role develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. In addition, research basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and
availability of materials and equipment while working with other organizations impacted by design development. May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as
Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mold Design, or Tooling.
Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Cutting edge expert in the design and development of complex optical, plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging.
2 Exercises independent judgment and works on unusually sensitive or state of the art projects.
3 Develops innovative, advanced, and often untested design concepts requiring complex molded
4 Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical
interface and/or company representative with customers.
5 Directs manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, and methods
6 Leads product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
7 Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
8 Thorough understanding of Jabil Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to
incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
9 Lead role large, complex projects with broad scope and implications for organization.
10 May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
11 Apply Digital factory concepts in engineering filed.
12 Development of solution proposals:
· Optical solution proposals typically include, but are not limited to:
· Price commitment
· Schedule commitment
· Preliminary optical specification
· Hardware description
· Software description
· Documentation package description
· Specification of optical validation criteria
· Specification of support requirements of the proposed optical solution
· Specification of required customer deliverables.
· Specification of product DFX(DFA,DFM,DFT,DFQ,etc.)
· Specification of product VAVE project.
· The process of developing test solution proposals includes, but is not limited to:
· Request For Quote (RFQ) form and quote tracking tools and systems
· Adherence to Jabil RFQ responsiveness requirements
· Completion of proposals on-schedule
13 Continuous improvement of core competency:
· Participation in the capability core competency improvement program.
· Participation in the effort to improve engineering tools and systems.
· Drives Jabil’s vendors and customers to constantly improve products and services.
· Learning to solve problems outside areas of past proficiency.
14 Industry recognition:
· Active membership in two industry recognized professional organizations.
· Published articles in at least one recognized professional industry magazines, periodicals, journals, or websites.
· Speak at a minimum of one industry recognized seminars, conferences, or consortiums.
15 Jabil policies:
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science degree in optical & mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university required, Masters of Science preferred; and more than eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and equipment weighing up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
Travel may be required for customer support, training, optical solution deployment, and to achieve many other Jabil business goals. Travel may be international.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.
Special annual KPI deliverable:
People: 1, Bring up 1 SME optical engineer. (Pass plant certification.)
2, Bring up 2 optical engineers. (Pass plant certification.)
Process: 1, Troubleshooting optical AA (active alignment) process handbook.
2, 4 VAVE projects for current optical product annually.
3, can settle the escalation & challenge about optical technology problem.
4, if there is new product, join design of customer DVT product about optical, get good feedback from customer about our Jabil value add recognition in optical filed.
1) Optical system training setup knowledge & handbook (lesson learn, innovation, basic) setup annually. And do open optical class sharing to optical product WC, at least 1 class per Qtr.
2)Camera module & laser radar optical (including Active alignment) knowledge system.
3)new optical technology relate VR/MR/AR training handbook.