At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Working under minimum supervision, a Sr. CAD Designer will generate CAD models and drawings. This may include working on new designs or the modification of existing designs. These responsibilities cover the disciplines of both MCAD and ECAD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Familiar with the basic use of multiple CAD (Computer Aided Design) tool.
· Work with manager and/or technical project manager to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, will create and enter a complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· Work concurrently with other Design Services departments, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program.
· Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability.
· Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
· Use data collected in production in subsequent programs to ensure continuing improvement in designs.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Follow the direction of Engineers, Designer III or the Design Manager.
· Assist in checking and verifying the work of CAD Designer and CAD Librarians.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.