At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Working under limited supervision, performs complex maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Assists supervisor in coordinating the activities of employees engaged in installation, maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Coordinates and assigns daily work to employees based on production schedules and maintains the flow of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
• Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
• Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
• Disassembles machines and parts, and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
• Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
• Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
• Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
• Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
• Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
• Removes and installs molds in machines following established procedures.
• Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of assembly equipment.
• Leads, assigns and coordinates the daily work activities of lower level maintenance technician personnel.
• Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates those assignments.
• Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
• Maintains employee time and activity records
• Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
• Trains new and less experienced technicians in proper procedures. Writes and verifies work instructions.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as technical manuals, blueprints, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge and ability to use relevant hand tools in the repair of equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of related experience or Associates Degree in related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
• Solid understanding of electronic circuitry and previous fabrication, assembly and/or test experience.
• Solid knowledge of mechanical equipment and electrical and hydraulic drawings. Experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.