At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer II will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project team member implementing projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process
o This will include but is not limited to: Capital Equipment Requests, Capabilities Studies, Plant Layouts, Tool Design, and Standard Work
· Develop Time standards for process steps to be used in the Product-Process-Time database (IEDB)
· Gather and analyze Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customer or area
· Coordinate layout and facility move(s) for assigned customer or area(s)
· Collect, analyze and review IEDB data to insure accuracy and compliance with the standard process
· Monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and insure compliance with the standardized system configurations
· Gather and/or develop data for quotes
· Coach, mentor and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong analytical ability
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.