At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Continuously works to improve core competency, develops test solution proposals, develops test solutions, and provides test crisis support. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Development of test solution proposals:
· Test solution proposals typically include, but are not limited to:
· Price commitment
· Schedule commitment
· Preliminary test specification
· Hardware description
· Software description
· Documentation package description
· Specification of tester validation criteria
· Specification of support requirements of the proposed test solution
· Specification of required customer deliverables.
· The process of developing test solution proposals includes, but is not limited to:
· Use of GTS on-line Request For Quote (RFQ) form and quote tracking tools and systems
· Adherence to GTS RFQ responsiveness requirements
· Use of GTS Functional Verification Test (FVT) proposal templates (quote form, test plan form)
· Completion of proposals on-schedule
Development of test solutions:
· Assigned to develop test specifications and test solutions on projects of low to high complexity.
· Test solution development tasks must be done according to budget and schedule commitments submitted in test solution proposals
· The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware, and software.
· Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
· GPIB and RS-232 controlled equipment
· VXI based test equipment
· Custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
· Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
· Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
· Bench-test setups
· 19” equipment racks
· Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
· Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
· LabWindows/CVI, LabView, and TestStand
· ANSI C and Visual C++
· Visual Basic
· Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
· HTML, PERL, ASP, and custom scripting languages.
· GTS FVT test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
· Board-level functional test
· System test
· The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to, the use of GTS tools and systems for:
· Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, software development tools listed above)
· Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
· Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
· Design reviews (design proposal, post-installation)
· FVT documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
Test Crisis Support:
· Support for the GTS Hotline.
· Special support requests as needed.
Continuous improvement of core competency:
· Participation in the GTS core competency improvement program.
· Participation in the effort to improve GTS tools and systems.
· Drives Jabil’s vendors and customers to constantly improve products and services.
· Learning to solve problems outside areas of past proficiency.
· Active membership in two industry recognized professional organizations.
· Published articles in at least one recognized professional industry magazines, periodicals, journals, or websites.
· Speak at a minimum of one industry recognized seminars, conferences, or consortiums.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university required, Masters of Science preferred; and more than eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
Travel may be required for customer support, training, test solution deployment, and to achieve many other Jabil business goals. Travel may be international.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.