Carries out policies and programs covering several or all of the following: employment interviewing for jobs, wage and salary administration, personnel administration, training, and benefits administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support in two or three functional areas
· Employee relations – Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Coach/consult with managers and employees on issues including: performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. Coordinates all employee activities/programs. Interprets and complies with all state and federal laws.
· Compensation – Monitor and approve applicable salary increases; check to see that they are within guidelines. Conducts preliminary job analysis and creates job descriptions of non-benchmark positions through a job evaluation process.
· Benefits – Communicate and interpret all benefit changes and policies. Educate associates about their benefits and coordinates open enrollment periods. Research and resolve associate’s benefit problems and questions.
· Hourly Recruitment/Selection – Assists managers in conducting needs analysis. Tracks open positions. Sources candidate from both internal and external sources. Interviews and screens candidates for open positions. Expedites and coordinates internal transfers.
· HRIS Reporting – Compiles statistical reports for departments. Has working knowledge of many software packages.
· Project Management – Participate in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.